Wood panelling and wood ceilings in the pavilions at Expo Milan 2015 – part II
- 26 September, 2014
- Posted by: spigo
- Category: Acoustics, News
We continue with the review or the most spectacular wood projects, with their wood linings and wood ceilings at Expo Milan 2015.
From 1 May to 31 October the Expo Milan 2015 will group nearly a hundred pavilions representing countries and institutions, designed by some of the most brilliant architectural studios in the world that will dazzle everyone with their design and creativity. Wood —in wood ceilings, wood walls and inner linings and exteriors— will be the leading material in the most eco-friendly and sustainable proposals.
In the previous post we showed the pavilions of Germany, Azerbaijan, Brazil and the United Arab Emirates. We will now review another five wood projects we have really enjoyed:
– The Estonia Pavilion, (the work of the Kadarik Tüür studio): wood ceilings, wood floors and wood walls… the whole project is built with wood. Very pretty. You can see photos of this pavilion in our Pinterest Board, in our Facebook album, and in our Google+ album. And here you can see the video presentation of the Pavilion.
– The France Pavilion, (the work of the X-TU, ALN Atelien Arquitectura and Adeline Rispal studios). One of the most spectacular projects comprising a superstructure in wood that forms on its own all the wood ceilings and wood walls of the pavilion. Photos of this pavilion in our Pinterest Board, in our Facebook album, and in our Google+ album.
– The Mexico Pavilion, (the work of the architect Francisco López Guerra Almadade), with its wood ceilings by way of floral domes. Photos of this pavilion in our Pinterest Board, in our Facebook album, and in our Google+ album.
– The small Vietnam Pavilion, (by H&P Architects), interestingly designed as large rice terrace steps all built with wood. Photos of this pavilion in our Pinterest Board, in our Facebook album, and in our Google+ album.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in: