5 Reasons to choose a wood ceiling for your project
- 29 November, 2017
- Posted by: spigo
- Category: Acoustics, Architecture, Construction, Decoration, News, Spigogroup wood projects
Wood ceiling is, and will continue to be, one of the most popular options when finishing the interior design of a project. Regardless of the material used in the rest of the building (brick, glass, concrete, etc.), the size of the project (from skyscrapers to small single-family homes), and the use to be made of the rooms (offices, housing, public rooms, etc.), wood ceiling maintain his status as a versatile material that adds value to any architectural or interior design work.
These are the 5 main reasons why a wood ceiling is chosen in a project.
- They are very easy to install: wood ceilings usually consist of wood panels with the characteristics you want, which are then joined together with standard commercial false ceiling systems (T-15 and T-24 profiles). This format in wood panels also allows for easy, convenient transport.
- Acoustics: wood is a porous material that functions as a natural acoustic absorbent. Wood ceilings fitted with wood acoustic panels with a perforated surface reinforce acoustic absorption capacity and become the perfect ally when controlling the acoustic reverberation and carrying out the acoustic conditioning of a room.
- Thermal isolation: wood is a natural insulator and its use can help reduce the amount of energy needed to heat a space.
- Ecological, easy to recycle and biodegradable: wood is a resource that is always available in nature as long as we take care of it and use wood from sustainably managed forests. Furthermore, it is easily recyclable and biodegradable.
- Aesthetic: A wood ceiling bring warmth and elegance, and never go out of style. There are hundreds of models, designs and finishes so that all projects have the most suitable wood ceilings.
If you liked this post about wood ceiling, you may also be interested in: